Sunday 11 March 2018

4th Week, Reflections. Unit 4. Classroom Management 
Reflections on this unit’s challenges in my Learning  journal

In my learning journal, I create a new entry to reflect on what I learned from completing this unit’s challenges and the exchanges with other participants.  
The post will answer the following questions:

•✅ What is in your teacher survival kit?
In the Mooc course we have seen, read, listened some quite interesting links. I would like to mention the following:
Terrell, S. (2015). Goal: Build a Teacher Survival Kit. Retrieved from Teacher Reboot Camp, http://teacherrebootcamp.com/2013/08/25/build-a-teachers-survival-
kit-30goalsedu   
I prepared my Teacher survival kit using ThingLink, an app very visual, interactive where I included all my things in my bag 💼.
This is my link... 
https://www.thinglink.com/scene/1027700043764727809, I shared it in the  Facebook group, with some comments from my partners giving me their opinions...







My real teacher survival kit. 
We all have the basic supply list of pens, paper DINA4, paper different colours, paper clips, 
staplers, etc... but those items are not the “supplies” I need to start gathering. I am referring 
to the special teacher supply list need to survive the school year. During all 
these years of  I have come to realize that my second home is my classroom. As much as I hate to admit it, I have discovered many times the need for items on my list and couldn't have survived those after school meetings, parent/student meetings or all other after school functions without these supplies. They are really that vital.

  

📝 How will your teacher survival kit help me  better manage my classroom?

I'm one of those teachers who always carry backpacks filled with everything from my IPad,

books, dossiers, files, to clay and stickers. Like most of us, that's because I always have 2 or more plans up my sleeve, in mind before going  into my classroom.
  • And of course, a lot of imagination, patience and a lot of enthusiasm, be positive when you are a teacher.


    ✅📝How will creating a resource hub for parents help you engage parents so that students behave better online and in 

    your classroom? 
    Teachers can avoid a lot of stress by making connections with all parents at the 

    beginning of the school year.. The first step is to send all parents a positive message letting them know how excited you are about 
    teaching their son or daughter. This way the first communication isn’t negative. 
    Parents also need to know right away how to track their child’s progress regularly and how to contact you if problems do arise. Engaging parents is a 
    challenge, but technology helps us communicate with parents regularly and quickly.  
    We also shared and discussed about all these points in the Tweeter chat...







    I prepared the Challenge unit 4 using the Buncee app, very interactive presentation for parents in our school about Digital safety, citizenship and learning resource.
    The link of my Buncee presentation is the following...
    I included this information in my presentation for clarification and intentions when preparing it...

    I am a teacher of 13-years old students  who study in a bilingual school in Tenerife. We are using the iPads in the classroom and using new technologies for teaching. We connect to The Internet for doing projects. Security is our priority for our students. We are working on it everyday. Parents can help us in that task. Many parents do not know how to do that so we have prepared a digitial presentation in Buncee for parents with different tips to take into account for  helping their  children  to protect themselves when using digital devices or using Internet.


    The following links will help you learn more about using technology to help you build successful partnerships with parents:

    👍🏻Ferlazzo, L. (2009). Parent Involvement or Parent Engagement? Retrieved from http://www.learningfirst.org/LarryFerlazzoParentEngagement
    👍🏻Truss, D. (2012). Education in the Digital Age: A Reorientation for Parents. Retrieved from http://raisingdigitalkids.wikispaces.com/ 
    👍🏻Terrell, S. S. (2011). Tips for Engaging Parents this School Year. Retrieved from 

No comments:

Post a Comment