Wednesday 21 March 2018

21st March 2018

Here I am, again. I am ready for starting a new Challenge with my students. I have prepared a Mission Challenge with the following steps:
LEARNING MISSION
Help at school
MISSION CHALLENGE
Prepare a poster for the Nursing with at least 5 tips of advices for feeling better.
MISSION DESCRIPTION  
To accomplish this mission successfully and earn a badge you will make a poster for the cafeteria and Nursing at your school. And then, prepare a presentation in keynote app about the advices given in your poster.

MISSION OVERVIEW
  1. Search in the Internet for information about:
Healthy food and advice for eating it at school.

Advices for having a better health at school and at home.
Illnesses and advices for feeling better.( included pages by teacher) 

  1. Use the Padlet given by your teacher in Showbie. Work in your group the activities offered by your teacher, if you have questions don’t hesitate ask her. Use the roles of the collaborative groups: speaker....
  1. Explain how you do when you feel ill ( in your presentation), advices from doctors, your relatives.
  2. Prepare a 5 minutes video of all the advices for an extra badge. The best one will be uploaded to the school Facebook page ( one per class)
PURPOSE
your posters can help others to feel better taking your advices when they are ill.
you will learn more vocabulary about illnesses, healthy food.

OBJECTIVES
During this mission you will...
✏️ prepare a poster for your school
✏️learn more vocabulary about healthy food and illnesses 
✏️show other students the illnesses and advices for feeling better

✏️share with other students the advices given in the posters.

This is the link for my students with the presentation done in Genial.ly
https://view.genial.ly/5ab26cef8688af24ddcebc18/mission-challenge

I will share my work with my partner in my school.
Our students are in 7th grade ( 1st ESO), in the English language subject.
When we finish the challenge I will add our results here, in my Learning Journal.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to give some advice on healthy food, especially at the age of your students. Easy, clear instructions as well. I think your class will not only be motivated to look for information but also may follow the tips for themselves. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabiana. My students are showing lot of enthusiasm when I proposed to start doing a Mission Challenge. And I think they are going to do the best of themselves and , of course, they will follow those advices in the future. I will tell you how it works in the classroom. Best regards.

      Delete
  2. I was so sure they would be! Great Job! Keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete