Friday 16 March 2018

5th Week

Reflections on the ENTIRE COURSE in my Learning Journal ( The Goal Minded Teacher: Challenges to Transform Student Learning - 1st edition)MOOC-INTEF



create a second new entry.
In the second entry I will review all my work throughout this course and reflect on what I learned during my learning journey throughout the course.
The post should answer the following questions:
    • What was your favourite assignment? 
✅I have to say that it is really very difficult to decide what is my favourite assigment I have been asked to work on, because I liked and enjoyed all of them. 
✅Reflections are a very good idea to do when you are teaching. You can see your whole work in a distance and realize the huge efforts you are doing for improving your knowledge, learning and teaching.
✅The Facebook group has been a wonderful group where everybody shared their final products, their clever Challenges. We could learn a lot. 
Thanks to everybody!

    • Which unit do you feel helped you grow the most? 
✅🕵️‍♀️To find a peer to work on  in a collaborative project. But I was really lucky, there was a partner who wanted to work and learn together with me (Colombia and Spain in a collaborative project called Minerals around the World). It was interesting to work together, think about a theme to be shared by two subjects completely different ( in a first glance), Chemistry and Geography, but it was not impossible. We connected the subjects through minerals and countries.
link to the Google Drive document with the project itself
 https://docs.google.com/document/d/126b-Zy3rIzyVqM9IJ0jNWR2dkiGimFFnint1cVuVczI
Link to the Collaborative Blog done for the project
https://globalcollaborationlessons.blogspot.com.es/
    • Which parts of the course were the most challenging? 

✅Using Buncee presentations was a great discovery for me. I love it. I will continue doing some of my presentations in Buncee. Interacting with students will be great!
✅Preparing badges for my students to motivate them. The idea of giving them a badge for recognizing their successes and advances is great, as well. I am on my way doing that, NOW, in my classes. I included them in their progresses, advances.
Some of my students have already earnt the Good Helper Badge, and they are so proud they are telling everybody they have got ONE. They will receive a prize if they collect 3. Lot of enthusiasm in my classes.

Thanks to everybody!
    • How has participating in this course helped you become a better teacher and learner? 
I have learnt...

  1. 💡⚙️✏️Technology must be used with students in classroom using Challenges, giving them virtual Badges, connecting them to other students from other countries, involved them in collaborative projects.
  2. 💡⚙️✏️Parents should know what their children are doing when they are using the Internet, social media,...
  3. 💡⚙️✏️To be open minded as a TEACHER, eager to learn new things,  have collaborative experiences, To share ideas with others. You can realize that all teachers around the world are facing on the same or similar problems,difficulties as yours. Together we can be stronger. 
Some years ago, I was involved in two European Proyects among teachers. That was a great experience for me, I learnt many things about teaching.
Now, it is time for my students to be connected with others, learn, share knowledge from other different students in different countries. At least, I will try it!


Thanks to Shelly Sanchez Terrell, Fabiana Casella for your comments when participating in this  course. Great Job! 
Teacher’s in the Facebook group... you are great 👍🏻. Follow doing the best of yourself. Thanks for sharing your works there! 


3 comments:

  1. Your job has been great! You took all the risks and the results were fantastic! We are truly inspired by you and your progress and effort!! Go on with the wonderful work and come to us any time you need us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabiana for all your comments. I have learnt many thing when doing and taking all the challenges. I also enjoyed so much. I will earn a badge , but I know that I have earn some new friends from different countries. Thank you so much. I am putting into practice many things I have learnt in this Mooc in my classes, my students are showing a lot of enthusiasm, but ME too. We are in touch, Fabiana. Warmest regards.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing nice information about what is keynote app

    ReplyDelete